Tiny House Events
Stay informed about upcoming community events all over the country and world.
Tiny Home Festivals, Documentary Showings, Advocacy Meetings, Workshops & MORE!
- This event has passed.
The Nuts & Bolts of ADUs: The Permitting Process & New California Laws
January 25, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join this informative Meetup about permitting of ADUs, as well as working in the trenches to craft laws that impact the development of ADUs.
- Why has the legislature paved the way for ADUs and what have they given to homeowners?
- What does “by right” mean? What are my options if my permits are denied?
- How long can the process take? The 60 day maximum for the decision on permits and what it will likely mean
- Local Restrictions; what they are and how to challenge them
- Common reactions from city officials and how to neutralize them
- Impact Fees & Size Restrictions
- Setbacks and other restrictions
- Selling an ADU and dividing rights
- Contracts involving ADUs, important items to consider (contractor contracts, purchase contracts, mortgages)
- Creating a corporate entity to house your rental income and decrease risk
- Maintaining appropriate rental records and requirements on homeowners renting ADUs (note interaction with corporate entity requirements)